A 20-watt head that aims to hit vintage American-style tones.
Huntington Park, CA (June 7, 2019) -- For nearly two decades, Tone King's Imperial combo has been hailed as one of the best-sounding American-voiced amps on the market. The MKII version, released a few years back, solidified its legacy status. All of the spanky blackface-style voice, gritty tweed tones, and intuitive controls that players love about the Imperial MKII combo, are now available in a convenient head version.
The Imperial MKII Head retains the combo’s vintage-voiced tube reverb and tremolo. You still get all of these tube-driven tones at any volume, thanks to an onboard Ironman II reactive power attenuator. With the ability to easily mix and match your favorite speakers and cabinets, this head is Tone King's most versatile Imperial ever. If you love the sound and feel of the Imperial MKII, but demand the sonic flexibility that only comes with a top-tier, all-tube amp head, this is the Tone King for you.
MKII - 20 years of improvementSpring boarding off of the tones that made the original Imperial its flagship amp, Tone King included a few tonal adjustments and additions that make the MKII your new go-to tube amp.
- Hand-wired board construction improves midrange heft while also improving the highs
- Rhythm channel tuned for improved Blackface tones with a smoother breakup
- Lead channel’s Mid-Bite control tightens the low end for added punch and cut
Ironman II reactive attenuation
Tone King included the Ironman II power attenuator aboard the Imperial MKII for even more flexibility. Now you can bring your Imperial’s maxed tube tones to band or home-friendly levels. With its reactive load technology, your amp will sound and respond the same at any volume.
- The 6-step attenuation in a 22-watt amp captures all playing environments from gig to bedroom
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and frequency response of your guitar amplifier
- The High Frequency (HF) compensation switch lets you tame the overall Treble for sweeter overdriven tones
- Rhythm Bypass switch enables you to use sparkling cleans and heavily overdriven sounds with a flick of a switch
Onboard spring reverb and tremolo
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds (effects) that define the tone of many vintage American-voiced amps. With its tube-driven reverb and classic Bias Tremolo, intuitively operated by a familiar control layout, you’ll find the Imperial MKII gloriously re-creates those thick, splashing, pulsating tones.
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulsing amplitude modulation
- The Tube driven spring reverb ranges from subtle thickening tone all the way to long lush decay
- Effects carefully tuned to balance across the two channels
Tone King Imperial MKII Head features:
- 20W, all-tube guitar amplifier head voiced for the superb vintage, American tones
- Tubes: 2 x 6V6, 4 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7 & 1 x 5AR4
- Blackface-style rhythm channel and tweed-like lead channel
- Foot-switchable channels and bias modulation tremolo
- Tube-driven reverb
- Onboard Ironman II reactive attenuator for great tone at any volume
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Tunable Attenuator with HF Compensation and Rhythm channel Bypass switches
- Baltic Birch USA construction
- Dimensions: 9"(L) x 22.5"(W) x 10.5"(H)
- Weight: 25lbs
- Packaged Dimensions: 29.5” W x 13”D x 14.25” H
- Packaged Weight: 31lbs
There simply is no better match for the Tone King Imperial MKII Head than the matching Imperial 1x12" speaker cabinet. Hand built in the USA, this semi-open back design is loaded with a custom 12" Celestion speaker which was carefully voiced to elicit the classic tone and response from the already magnificent amp.
Placed beneath ANY amp head, this 1x12” delivers a boutique voice with complex overtones, rich vocal mid-range, beautifully detailed top-end and a warm low-end. The cabinet is constructed of Baltic Birch and oversized 12-gauge speaker wire is soldered between the speaker and terminal.
Tone King Tone King Imperial MKII 1x12” speaker cabinet features:
- 60W, 1x12” speaker cabinet crafted to pair beautifully with the Imperial MKII Head
- Custom Celestion "1660" 12” Speaker
- Nominal impedance - 16 Ohms
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 10.5” (L) x 22.5" (W) x 17.5” (H)
- Weight: 29 lbs.
- Packaged Dimensions: 26.5” W x 15” D x 21.25”H
- Packaged Weight: 35 lbs.
For more information:
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters are designed to offer a fat midrange and a smooth top end.
Billy Corgan was looking for something for heavier Smashing Pumpkins songs, so Joe Naylor designed the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One pickup. Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters have a fat midrange and a smooth top end. This pickup combines the drive and sustain of a humbucker with the percussive attack and string clarity of a P90. Get beefy P90 tone plus amp-pummeling output with the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One.
Patented Railhammer Pickups take passive guitar pickups to a new level with rails under the wound strings lead to tighter lows, and poles under the plain strings offer fatter heights. With increased clarity, the passive pickup’s tone is never sterile.
Railhammer Billy Corgan Signature Z-One Pickup Demo
For more information, please visit railhammer.com.
Designed for utmost comfort and performance, the Vertigo Ultra Bass is Mono’s answer to those who seek the ultimate gigging experience.
Complete with a range of game-changing design features, such as the patent-pending attachable FREERIDE Wheel System, premium water-resistant and reflective materials, shockproof shell structure and improved ergonomic features, the Vertigo Ultra Bass takes gear protection to the next level.
The Vertigo Ultra Bass features:
- Patent-pending FREERIDE Wheel System that allows for wheels to be attached on the case in no time, giving you the option to travel with it seamlessly
- Upgraded materials, including a water-resistant 1680D Ballistic Nylon outer shell, plush inner lining and new reflective trim for maximum backstage and night visibility
- Enhanced protection with a shockproof shell structure and heavy-duty water-resistant YKK zippers for protection from the elements
- Improved ergonomics and functionality including added back support and load-lifting detachable shoulder straps with side release buckles
- Flexible storage options with added space for touring essentials
Mojotone will manufacture and market over 60 of their speaker cabinets and amp kits as “Licensed by Fender.”
This partnership marks Fender's recognition of Mojotone’s dedication to its craft, quality of products, and dependability of knowledge. Beginning November 29th and ranging from $327 - $1,016.
Amplifiers were among the first products to wear the official Fender seal. A qualified electronics technician by trade, Leo Fender developed his iconic amplifiers during the mid-1940s putting innovation at the forefront. To this day, Leo’s influence and innovative spirit can still be heard in today’s amps, as that same iconic, clean Fender tone continues to color new music around the world. As a result, the process for completing the exclusive licensing deal required Fender to carefully audit Mojotone’s amplifier kits, wiring diagrams, electronics, hardware, construction methods, and more to ensure this innovation carried on through the partnership. Mojotone’s many years of intense research, quality production, and favorable reputation solidified the deal.
Mojotone has always been determined to provide its customer base with the most sought-after parts with their insider industry-knowledge. They have spent the last 25 years helping musicians recreate what they deem to be the most famous and easily-recognized tones and aesthetics in the music industry. When purchasing Mojotone products, like Fender products, customers can be assured of unmatched quality and craftsmanship.
For more information, please visit mojotone.com.