A single-channel setup based around 6550 tubes, ECC83 preamp tubes, and Hammond transformers.
Florida, USA (June 18, 2020) -- Adding to the company’s lineup of fierce amplifiers, Armored Amplification has announced their newest model: The Sabot.
A fire-breathing single-channel specimen, The Sabot brandishes punishing high-gain power combined with unmatched punch, articulation, and definition. This 60-watt all-tube amp head is point-to-point hand-wired with top quality components on custom hybrid turret boards. The result? An amp that offers an incredibly low noise floor at even the most insane gain levels.
The Sabot was designed around Armored Amplification’s proprietary tone-stack that is specifically voiced for extended range and drop tuned guitars. The extreme versatility and articulation comes from a multitude of switching options, twin gain controls for high and low frequencies, and a power control. The Sabot features a sleek Blackout aesthetic that screams METAL! From the anodized billet aluminum knobs, faceplate, and logo, the Sabot is built like a tank
- All-tube amp head delivering 60 watts of menacing power
- 2x 6550A Tung-Sol Reissue, 3x ECC83 JJ/Tesla tubes
- Mallory-150 signal capacitors
- F&T/Nichicon Filter capacitors
- Metal Film ½ watt resistors for the ultimate quiet
- PTFE 20awg shielded cabling
- Hammond transformers and choke
- Buffered Series Effects loop with +3dB boost Controls
The Sabot carries a retail price of $1699 for the Standard Blackout Model.
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information: