San Francisco, CA (November 4, 2016) -- Boutique guitar amp builder BC Audio is expanding its critically acclaimed Octal-Plex series of guitar amps based on 1960s British plexi circuits that have been adapted for octal (8-pin) preamp tubes and built with true point-to-point construction techniques to include custom 100-watt versions. Each amp can be customized with a number of circuit variations and optional features.
“I’m very pleased with the Octal-Plex series. It’s an amazing combination: the big sound of octal preamp tubes, the clarity of point-to-point wiring, and those simple, powerful plexi circuits,” says BC Audio founder and award-winning guitarist Bruce Clement. “The 100-watt amps now complete the plexi picture.”
Customers are invited to choose between JTM45/100-style or Superlead-style preamp circuits, in Lead or Bass specs. Other circuit variations and mods are available, along with a menu of pre-configured options. Mr. Clement often works with individual customers to tailor the amp to their specific needs for a truly custom, handcrafted instrument.
- 4x EL34 output section
- 3x 6SL7GT preamp tubes (4x w/ effects loop)
- Faithful adaptation of plexi circuits
- True point-to-point construction (no turret, eyelet or printed circuit board)
- Post phase inverter master volume
- Footswitch-controlled gain boost (optional)
- Footswitch-controlled volume boost (optional)
- Tube-buffered effects loop w/ send and return levels (optional)
- Footswitch-controlled loop bypass (optional)
- 26” wide “small-box” head
- Black tolex and bold red racing stripes (other colors available)
Pricing: Introductory pricing starts at $2600 for 100-watt models, direct from bcaudio.com. Matching 2x12 speaker cabinets are available for $725.
For more information: