Bend, OR (December 6, 2012) – Breedlove has announced a new line of acoustics built in their Oregon facility using local wood. Here are the details from the company:
The new Oregon Series from Breedlove Guitars takes full advantage of the abundance of natural resources in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. Built for the guitarist who appreciates tone, beauty and American craftsmanship, the Oregon Series is the latest addition from the longtime Central Oregon guitar manufacturer.
Breedlove has been building custom guitars with Myrtlewood for over 20 years, achieving exceptional results. Myrtlewood offers a balanced tone – not too bright, not too dark – with the best sonic qualities of maple, walnut and mahogany. The new Oregon Series pairs a sweet-sounding solid Sitka Spruce top with the beauty and tone of solid Myrtlewood back and sides. The neck is crafted from Big Leaf Maple, and an Ebony fingerboard further compliments this wood combination to produce articulation and depth. Fishman electronics faithfully reproduce the natural sound of the guitars. Supporting local certified wood vendors while building from their new workshop in Bend, Oregon, Breedlove Guitars is able to offer this unbeatable package of features at a remarkable price.
• 100% built in Bend, Oregon USA
• Sustainable tone-woods sourced in the Pacific Northwest
• Available in Orchestra, Dreadnought and Concert size
• Orchestra and Dreadnought models feature traditional-inspired bracing
• Concert model incorporates innovative new bracing to maximize projection, balance and clarity
• Full gloss top with hand-rubbed back and sides
• Proprietary Fishman Ultra-Tone electronics
• Includes hard shell case
All Oregon Series guitars are designed and built in Breedlove’s Bend, Oregon factory. Suggested retail price for all three models is $1999 with a typical street price of $1499.
For more information: