A pair of new cabs that use the company's Augmented Vent Diffractor technology.
Brighton, UK (June 3, 2019) -- Every guitarist wants more consistent tone on every gig as well as a rig that’s easy to move. That’s exactly what UK firm Barefaced Audio’s new guitar cabs provide. For its first guitar designs they've set out to change the game with their patent-pending Augmented Vent Diffractor (AVD) technology. Rather than being closed or open-backed, AVD takes the sound from the rear of the speaker and disperses it around the room. Not only does that mean you hear your tone better wherever you’re standing, but the cab also delivers twice the output, because the front and rear of the cone are working in unison. Plug in a Barefaced GXII 1x12” AVD 75-watt guitar cab and it will be as loud as a comparable 2x12 while offering a more consistent tone.
- Entirely new cabinet type, not closed, open or ported. Our AVD helps you hear yourself anywhere onstage without the loss of punch that traditional open back cabs suffer from.
- AVD offers twice the output, our 1x12 is as loud as a standard 2 x 12
- AVD improves the sound of the speaker by breaking up internal reflections that muddy the tone in traditional guitar cabs.
- Low cut toggle switch so you can switch from closed-back style fatness to open-backed style tightness.
- Choice of American or British voicing
- Stylish racing green Tolex finish as standard
- Super lightweight 6kg for the 10” and 10kg for the 12”
- Handmade in the UK
Barefaced offers a range of configurations, 10” and 12” models, American or British voicings and even cosmetic customisations, including a range of tolex and grille cloth variations. The cabs are easy on your back, with the GX and GXII weighing just 6kg/13lbs and 10kg/22lbs respectively.
- With closed back cabs you get everything from the front of the cone but nothing from the back.
- With Open-backed cabs you get mids and highs from front and back of the cone but lows cancel.
- With AVD you get everything from the front and everything from the back . The rear output is spread around the room for better audibility as well as increased output. So a 1x12” AVD cab is like a 2x12” conventional cab - but even easier for everyone to hear!
The GX and GXII guitar cabinets are available to order from Barefaced directly.
The GX starts at £399 and the GXII at £529, shipping is available worldwide.
For more information:
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
Mystery Stocking is coming soon! Sign up for PG Perks below so you don't miss it.
Sign up for PG Perks on the form below to make sure you don't miss the launch announcement!
About Mystery Stocking
Each year, Premier Guitar likes to put out these mystery boxes as a part of bringing some fun to the holiday season. Remember, this is supposed to be a fun holiday treat! If the contents of this box will ruin your holiday, deplete the last of your bank account, or end your ability to see the good in humanity, it may not be for you.
- This year's Mystery Stocking will cost $44.95. ($39.95 + $5 Flat shipping)
- Each box will be guaranteed to contain $40 or more in value.
- US only. (Sorry World.)
- Make sure your shipping address is correct.
- Have your credit card ready to go before you refresh the page. Paypal is not available. Autofill may not fill in your information.
- There will be NO REFUNDS given.
- There has been a huge demand for these in the past. We really did sell out in less than 4 minutes last year. When they are gone, they are gone.
- One per household, one per person.
Q: What's in the Mystery Stocking?
A: It wouldn't be much of a surprise if we told you, now would it?
Q: Will I definitely get my money worth?
Q: Can I return it if I don't like it?
A: Nope. All sales final.
Q: What if I live outside the US?
A: Sorry, US only.
Q. How much is it?
A. $39.95 Plus $5 shipping
Q. When will it ship?
A. On or before December 10, 2022.
Q. What form of payment do you accept?
A. Credit cards only. Sorry, no Paypal for this.
Q. Can I ship to a different location than my billing address?
Q. I tried last year and didn't get one. Will I get one this year?
A. There is an overwhelming demand for Mystery Stocking. Be sure you have a fast internet connection and be ready when they go on sale. Last year we sold out in 3 min 33 seconds.
Q. I want to buy 5. How can I buy 5?
A. You can't. This year, we're limiting to one per household, so more people can get in on the fun!
Featuring the Adaptive Circuitry recently introduced on their Halcyon Green Overdrive, Origin Effects have brought us a pedal with a character all of its own and a new flavor of drive.
Origin Effects introduce the new M-EQ DRIVER mid booster & drive pedal. Based on a vintage Pultec studio EQ, this unique pedal offers a range of mid-focused tones, from a subtle mid boost to thick, resonant overdrive. Featuring the Adaptive Circuitry recently introduced on their Halcyon Green Overdrive, Origin Effects have brought us a pedal with a character all of its own and a new flavor of drive.
A choice of three mid-range frequencies ensures that you can boost just the right part of your guitar signal and, when pushed harder, can elicit a range of saturation from a classic “mid-hump” overdrive to fierce “cocked wah” distortion. Thanks to the Adaptive Circuitry, the high-end roll-off of the Cut control is reduced as the pedal cleans up. This allows for a smooth transition from warm overdrive to bright clean tones in response to playing dynamics or guitar volume knob changes.
Introducing... M-EQ DRIVER || Mid Booster & Drive
Built-in the UK to the highest standards, the M-EQ DRIVER continues the Origin Effects tradition of vintage, studio-inspired tones in modern guitar pedals. The Origin Effects M-EQ DRIVER is available now from Origin Effects dealers worldwide.
RRP: 259 GBP (Inc VAT) / 319 USD (Ex TAX)
For more information, please visit origineffects.com.
The new finish, according to Lava Music, is “inspired by the beauty of the golden hour,” a shining time just before sunset and after sunrise when photographers covet to capture stunning pictures.
With bright and warm golden hues, the new finish adds a brilliant metallic glow to the surface of Lava ME 3, complementing its AirSonic 2 carbon fiber unibody which features L3 Preamp with FreeBoost 2.0, delivers industry-leading sounds by breakthrough acoustic technologies, and houses a multi-touch display powered by Lava-developed HILAVA system.
Speaking of the HILAVA system, Lava Music also added four new effects: Nebula, Desert Rose, Cassette, and Edge of Breakup. As unique as their names sound, they are very much different from what we normally know about effects. Programmed into the HILAVA system, each of the four is powered by the company’s latest ArctanDrive algorithm and incorporates effects like Pitch Shift, Delay, and Reverb. And every one of those incorporated sub-effects comes with various parameters that players can adjust to design unique, overdriven sounds by just tapping on the multi-touch display. That said, those effects enable users to play with overdriven tone on an acoustic-electric guitar without even plugging in any external gear.
LAVA ME 3 | Now in Golden Hour | LAVA MUSIC
Lava Me 3 in Golden Hour is now available starting from $999 on LAVA MUSIC, Amazon, and local guitar dealerships near you.
For more information, please visit store.lavamusic.com.