A pair of new cabs that use the company's Augmented Vent Diffractor technology.
Brighton, UK (June 3, 2019) -- Every guitarist wants more consistent tone on every gig as well as a rig that’s easy to move. That’s exactly what UK firm Barefaced Audio’s new guitar cabs provide. For its first guitar designs they've set out to change the game with their patent-pending Augmented Vent Diffractor (AVD) technology. Rather than being closed or open-backed, AVD takes the sound from the rear of the speaker and disperses it around the room. Not only does that mean you hear your tone better wherever you’re standing, but the cab also delivers twice the output, because the front and rear of the cone are working in unison. Plug in a Barefaced GXII 1x12” AVD 75-watt guitar cab and it will be as loud as a comparable 2x12 while offering a more consistent tone.
- Entirely new cabinet type, not closed, open or ported. Our AVD helps you hear yourself anywhere onstage without the loss of punch that traditional open back cabs suffer from.
- AVD offers twice the output, our 1x12 is as loud as a standard 2 x 12
- AVD improves the sound of the speaker by breaking up internal reflections that muddy the tone in traditional guitar cabs.
- Low cut toggle switch so you can switch from closed-back style fatness to open-backed style tightness.
- Choice of American or British voicing
- Stylish racing green Tolex finish as standard
- Super lightweight 6kg for the 10” and 10kg for the 12”
- Handmade in the UK
Barefaced offers a range of configurations, 10” and 12” models, American or British voicings and even cosmetic customisations, including a range of tolex and grille cloth variations. The cabs are easy on your back, with the GX and GXII weighing just 6kg/13lbs and 10kg/22lbs respectively.
- With closed back cabs you get everything from the front of the cone but nothing from the back.
- With Open-backed cabs you get mids and highs from front and back of the cone but lows cancel.
- With AVD you get everything from the front and everything from the back . The rear output is spread around the room for better audibility as well as increased output. So a 1x12” AVD cab is like a 2x12” conventional cab - but even easier for everyone to hear!
The GX and GXII guitar cabinets are available to order from Barefaced directly.
The GX starts at £399 and the GXII at £529, shipping is available worldwide.
For more information: