Crazy Tube Circuits Releases the HI POWER
HI POWER is inspired by the two British tone machines that helped shape the sound of Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here.
On the right side of the pedal, you will find a recreation of the Colorsound Power Boost featuring the true-to-the-original spec BC184 transistors running on 18V DC (via an internal voltage booster circuit) and the ultra-flexible 2-band Baxandall EQ circuit. We’ve added extra modern features, like a bypassable master volume control, a reverse-log gain control to ensure better sweep and transition from clean to mean(compared to the original’s linear taper), and a toggle switch the engage the latter higher gain / lower headroom version of the original boost circuit called Overdriver.
On the left side of the HI POWER you will find an all-analog circuit set out to emulate the sound and feel of a Hiwatt amp. Following the path of the famed British tube amplifier, our circuit offers an authentic amp tone and feel. From the big bold high-headroom clean sounds to the face-melting crunchy tones.
True to the last detail we have included the full EQ section along with a presence control located at the negative feedback of the power amp simulation circuit. A headroom toggle switch selects between the high headroom 100w power section provided by a quartet of EL34s or the lower headroom and compression provided by a 50W power section with a pair of EL34s when hit hard. Similar in operation to the originalamp design the master volume control was designed to produce more gain at higher settings.
- All-analog dual booster/overdrive – amp in a box
- Recreates the overdrive tones of the legendary setup used by David Gilmour in the recordings of Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here album.
- Right side: faithful reproduction of Colorsound Power Boost / Overdriver circuits
- Left side: 100W and 50W Hiwatt voiced clean / overdrive circuit.
- Passive series effects loop to connect pedals between the two sections or use them separately as independent effects.
- Independent operation of the BOOST/OVERDRIVE and AMP sections
- Click-less true bypass design via high-quality relays for each section.
- 2 Footswitches / 2 Status LEDs - one for each effect section.
- Power-up bypass/engage preset function for the footswitches.
- Top mounted jacks
- Power Supply: 9V DC, center negative power supply (not included)
- Made in Greece
We’ve taken our design a step further by adding a switch to select between input channels. You can select between the full frequency response of the normal channel of the amplifier, the increased presence and tight low end of the bright channel input, or the enhanced frequency response and added gain of those inputs linked together.
Like our other dual overdrive/amp-in-a-box designs we have also included a passive effects loop to give you the option to connect your beloved pedals between your booster/overdrive and amp in a box or use the two sections as separate and independent effects when using an external bypass switcher/looper.
Suggested Selling Price is 279 EUR / 289 USD. Available now with our authorized dealers all over the world.
For more information, please visit crazytubecircuits.com.