The Noventa series features MP-90 pickups, 21 medium jumbo frets, and 9.5” radius fretboards.
Hollywood, CA (January 13, 2021) -- Off the heels of record guitar-playing interest in 2020, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is entering its 75th anniversary year stronger than ever. This past year, Fender welcomed more than 900k new players via the brand’s online learning app, Fender Play, driving consumer demand from beginners and record sales milestones. Fender today announced a slate of new products for the first half of 2021 via its second online meeting experience for global dealers. The introductions come as an effort to accommodate recent droves of aspiring players and loyal professional musicians learning and creating at home during the pandemic. New additions include products across categories – from electrics and amplifiers to Squier guitars and accessories. Fender will continue to use a private interactive portal for its dealers to explore executive and product video, as well as other visuals via an easy-to-follow user interface.
“Interest in guitar and self-expression is at an all-time high worldwide, and now, more people than ever are playing the instrument and learning online,” said Tammy Van Donk, EVP Sales, America and EMEA Fender. “Our immersive, online dealer experience was so well-received across the network last summer, we have decided to continue to engage with our dealers this way as we enter our 75th year. We’re proud of this platform and look forward to supporting our dealers as they equip new players around the world with the innovative Fender gear they need in 2021.”
“We’re proud to usher in Fender’s 75th anniversary with some of our most innovative products to-date,” added Justin Norvell, Executive Vice President, Product at Fender. “Heading into 2021, we’re introducing an elevated, highly collectible selection across all categories – including electric and acoustic guitars, basses, amps, Squier, accessories and more - with something for professionals and all the new players learning at home. A selection of electric guitars made this year will don a commemorative 75th anniversary neck plate and our anniversary models will feature their own special artwork on the neck plate. In true Fender tradition, our products are an extension of our artist community and we continue to find new, innovative ways to support their creative expression.”
In 1946, Clarence Leonidas “Leo” Fender created Fender Electric Instrument Company and changed the trajectory of modern music forever. The 75th Anniversary Series, handmade in Corona, Calif., celebrates Leo’s bold, revolutionary designs with special versions of the Stratocaster, Telecaster, Precision Bass and Jazz Bass guitars. Featuring unique finishes, premium pickups and remarkably comfortable necks, these instruments honor the timeless Fender designs that reshaped music. Each limited-edition axe is a fitting homage to one of the world’s most popular electric guitar models, providing classic Fender style and tone in an exclusive, upscale package which includes a custom Inca Silver molded hardshell case with plush Lake Placid Blue interior, a special certificate of authenticity, a 75th anniversary ingot inlaid into the back of the headstock and an engraved anniversary neck plate. All models are available with ash bodies in 2-color Bourbon Burst, one-piece maple necks and Custom Shop pickups. Models include:
● The 75th Anniversary Commemorative Stratocaster ($1,949.99 USD, £1,839.00, €2,049.00, $3,799 AUD, ¥260,000 JPY) is decked out in a beautiful 2-Color Bourbon Burst finish over an ash body, with gold hardware and pearl button locking tuners. The one-piece maple neck features a Deep “C” profile, rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a sculpted neck heel for unsurpassed comfort and playability. Custom Shop Fat ‘60s pickups provide sweet Strat tone with added low-end punch while a 2-point tremolo with cold-rolled steel block enhances sparkle, sustain and tuning stability. Available February.
● The 75th Anniversary Commemorative Telecaster ($1,949.99 USD, £1,839.00, €2,049.00, $3,799 AUD, ¥260,000 JPY) is decked out in a beautiful 2-Color Bourbon Burst finish over ash body, gold hardware and pearl button locking tuners. The one-piece maple neck features a Deep “C” profile, rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a sculpted neck heel for unsurpassed comfort and playability. Custom Shop Twisted Tele pickups deliver searing Telecaster twang with sparkle and clarity. A top-load/string-through bridge with compensated “bullet” saddles provides superb intonation and versatility. Available February.
● The 75th Anniversary Commemorative Jazz Bass ($2,049.99 USD, £1,979.00, €2,199.00, $3,999 AUD, ¥260,000 JPY) is decked out in a beautiful 2-Color Bourbon Burst finish over an ash body with gold hardware. The one-piece maple neck features a Slim “C” neck profile, rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super- Natural” satin finish and a sculpted neck heel for unsurpassed comfort and playability. Custom Shop ’60s Jazz Bass pickups offer vintage-style growl, mid-range and clarity while the HiMassTM Vintage bridge enhances sustain, resonance and stability. Available February.
● The 75th Anniversary Commemorative Precision Bass ($1,999.99 USD, £1,979.00, €2,199.00, $3,899 AUD, ¥260,000 JPY) is decked out in a beautiful 2-Color Bourbon Burst finish over an ash body with gold hardware. The one-piece maple neck features a ’63 Precision Bass neck profile, rolled fingerboard edges, a “Super-Natural” satin finish and a sculpted neck heel for unsurpassed comfort and playability. Custom Shop ’62 P Bass pickups serve up vintage-style low-end and punch while the HiMassTM Vintage bridge enhances sustain, resonance and stability. Available February.
Additional Ensenada-built 75th Anniversary guitars include the iconic Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jazz Bass and Precision Bass models all priced at $849.99 USD, £889, €999, $1,699 AUD, ¥110,000 JPY and are available February 2021 in a special edition Diamond Anniversary with Maple fingerboard. Specs include a “Modern C” profile, medium jumbo frets and a satin finish for supreme comfort and playability.
In addition to commemorative electric models, Fender alongside publisher Motorbooks will also release a 75thAnniversary book by Dave Hunter: Fender 75 Years available May 18, 2021. Ubiquitous in the music world, Fender guitars and amplifiers are also icons in popular culture, their shapes and sounds instantly recognizable. Authoritatively written and lavishly illustrated, Fender 75 Years is the officially licensed anniversary celebration of the company and its legendary instruments. Illustrated throughout with rare images from company archives, Fender 75 Years treats readers to rare behind-the-scenes views of the shop floor throughout the years, as well as studio imagery of the guitars, rare period advertising and brochures and performance images of Fender players. It’s the definitive look at the Fender’s first three-quarters of a century and a must-have for the shelf of any guitar enthusiast.
Combining classic Fender style and dynamic MP- 90 pickups, the Noventa Series delivers powerful tones and modern playability. Its striking good looks are matched by the midrange bite, crisp highs and smooth lows of the MP-90 pickups. 21 medium jumbo frets and 9.5” radius fingerboards deliver a smooth blend of modern and vintage playability that is distinctly Fender.
● The Noventa Stratocaster ($1,049.99 USD, £799, €899, $1,999 AUD, ¥135,000 JPY) is an authoritative tone machine – featuring two MP-90 single-coil pickups, master volume and tone controls and a hardtail Strat bridge. The dynamic range of these pickups offers a wide array of versatile and potent tones – suitable for everything from hard rock to jazz and anything in-between. Available in Daphne Blue and Surf Green (Maple fingerboard) and Crimson Red Transparent (Pau Ferro Fingerboard). Available May.
● The Noventa Telecaster ($949.99 USD, £759, €849, $1,899 AUD, ¥120,000 JPY) is a stripped-down rock machine – featuring a lone MP-90 single-coil, master volume and tone controls, stylish ‘half’ pickguard and ‘cut’ Tele bridge. But this is no one-trick-pony – a surprisingly versatile and dynamic range of tones are on tap with the adjustment of the volume and tone controls. Available in Vintage Blonde and Fiesta Red (Maple fingerboard) and 2-Color Sunburst (Pau Ferro Fingerboard). Available May.
● The Noventa Jazzmaster ($1,149.99 USD, £899, €999, $2,199 AUD, ¥145,000 JPY) is an audacious sonic powerhouse – featuring three MP-90 single-coil pickups, master volume and tone controls and a Jazzmaster tremolo. The dynamic range of these pickups offers a wide array of multifaceted and robust tones – suitable for everything from hard rock to jazz and anything in-between. Available in Fiesta Red and Surf Green (Maple fingerboard) and Walnut (Pau Ferro Fingerboard). Available May.
For players who demand the ultimate in performance and tone, the American Ultra series is Fender’s most advanced series of guitars and basses. The addition of four new American Ultra Luxe models ($2,299.99-$2,399.99) in 2021 will bring the guitar playing experience up a major notch. These elevated models in this series feature versatile, state-of-the-art specs that will inspire players to push their skills to new heights. The American Ultra Luxe series features unique Augmented “D” neck profile with Ultra rolled fingerboard edges for endless playing comfort and a tapered neck heel that allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 22 stainless steel medium-jumbo frets means effortless and accurate soloing. Models include:
● American Ultra Luxe Stratocaster ($2,299.99 USD, £2,239, €2,499, $4,499 AUD, ¥295,000 JPY). The American Ultra Luxe Stratocaster features Ultra NoiselessTM Vintage pickups and advanced wiring options providing endless tonal possibilities – without hum. Available in 2-Color Sunburst (Rosewood fingerboard) and 2-Color Sunburst and Plasma Red Burst (Maple fingerboard). Available April.
● American Ultra Luxe Stratocaster Floyd Rose HSS ($2,399.99 USD, £2,339, €2,599, $4,699 AUD, ¥305,000 JPY). The American Ultra Luxe Stratocaster Floyd Rose HSS features Ultra NoiselessTM Hot single-coil pickups and Ultra Double TapTM humbucking pickup, along with advanced wiring options, providing endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The Original Floyd Rose Tremolo system allows for precision vibrato effects while staying perfectly in tune. Available in Silverburst (Maple fingerboard) and Mystic Black (Rosewood fingerboard). Available April.
● American Ultra Luxe Telecaster ($2,299.99 USD, , £2,239, €2,499, $4,499 AUD, ¥295,000 JPY) This model features Ultra NoiselessTM Vintage pickups and advanced wiring options providing endless tonal possibilities – without hum. Available in Transparent Surf Green and 2-Color Sunburst. Available April.
● American Ultra Luxe Telecaster Floyd Rose HH ($2,399.99 USD, £2,339, €2,599, $4,699 AUD, ¥305,000 JPY) Featuring an Original Floyd Rose Tremolo system, stainless-steel frets and eye-catching custom colors with matching painted headcaps, the American Ultra Luxe Telecaster Floyd Rose HH is Ultra – elevated. This model features Custom Double TapTM humbucking pickups and advanced wiring options, providing endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The Original Floyd Rose Tremolo system allows for precision vibrato effects while staying perfectly in tune. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional. Available in Mystic Black (Maple Fingerboard). Available April.
In late 2020, Fender released the all-new American Professional II series, the second generation of its flagship electric guitars and basses widely adopted by players and working guitarists in the world with over 60 percent of Fender artists across all genres. The series combines a longstanding history of quality with handmade craftsmanship to provide the world’s most relevant artists with a better tool that transcends more genres than any other series before it. 2021 brings additions, such as a Left-Handed Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jazzmaster, Precision Bass and Jazz Bass models, as well as 5-String and fretless basses to the currently available 10 models. Price ranges from $1,499.99-$1,799.99 USD, £1,599-£1,829, €1,849-€2,099, $3,099-$3,599 AUD, ¥200,000-¥220,000 JPY.
The ‘68 Custom range has become an extremely popular amp series for guitarists who love classic Fender sounds. This year, Fender expands that range with the addition of the Pro Reverb and Vibro Champ. For those who want a bit more variety, additions to the Mustang line will ensure players have access to any tone possible. In addition, the Mustang Micro, an exciting addition to the Mustang line, will ensure players can practice with great tone anywhere.
● ‘68 Custom Pro Reverb ($1,299.99 USD, £1,349, €1,499, $2499 AUD, ¥168,000 JPY) The ‘68 Custom Pro Reverb™ takes its cues from the original 40-watt model, improving its portability and tonal flexibility by reducing the cabinet size and weight, moving to a single-channel format and single 12” speaker and adding a middle tone control. This refined and upgraded amp is the perfect size and volume for almost any gig and may be the ultimate pedal-friendly platform. Available April.
● ‘68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb ($749.99 USD, £799, €899, $1449 AUD, ¥92,000 JPY) At just 5 watts, the original Vibro Champ was famous for its classic Fender tremolo, tube sparkle and killer grind. The `68 Custom Vibro Champ Reverb improves on the classic amp by adding hall reverb and using a larger 10” speaker for increased low end. These additions make this little wonder perfect for rehearsal, home recording or even small gigs. Available April.
● Mustang MicroTM ($99.99 USD, £89.99, €99.99, $219 AUD, ¥11,000 JPY) The Mustang Micro is a complete personal guitar amplifier featuring a wide selection of tones from the wildly popular Mustang series of amps. Simply plug Mustang Micro directly into your guitar, connect a pair of headphones and choose your amp and effects. It’s ideal for any player from beginner to pro, making it quick and easy to get great tones when jamming silently at home or on the go. You can even play along to your favorite tracks or instructional videos using the built-in Bluetooth audio connection. Main features include: an all-in-one personal headphone amplifier with onboard DSP, 12 amp and 13 effects models from the Mustang GTX series for a wide range of clean and dirty tones, Bluetooth audio streaming with audio/video sync for playing along in real time and a USB interface for recording output and firmware updates. Available April.
For more information: