The Axe-Fx II XL has the same DSP and amp modeling capabilities as the Axe-?Fx II Mark II, but offers expanded memory, new I/O ports, and more.
Plaistow, NH (January 28, 2014) -- Fractal Audio Systems, creators of industry-leading guitar amp modeling and effects technology, announced today that a new model, the Axe-Fx II XL, will be available for sale in March 2014. The Axe-Fx II XL has the same DSP and amp modeling capabilities as the Axe-?Fx II Mark II, but offers expanded memory, new I/O ports, and other upgrades detailed below:
- Built-in FASLINK port for connection to MFC-101 Mark III over conventional XLR cables.
- Dedicated MIDI IN, OUT, and THRU jacks (vs. shared OUT/THRU in the Mark II).
- Two onboard PEDAL jacks (vs. one in the Mark II).
- Primary VALUE entry via optical encoder with a lifespan of 1,000,000+ rotations.
- “Secret Sauce III” instrument input features an even lower noise floor.
- 128 Mb of non-volatile Super-?FLASH memory allows for storage of up to 512 presets and 512 user cabinets with copious reserves for future expansion.
- Double-capacity preset size allows for expanded functionality including X/Y switching on more blocks and more instances of effects.
- Built-in backup firmware allows recovery in the event of complications during update.
- Backward compatibility with Axe-Fx II Mark I/II presets via Axe-Edit software.
The Axe-Fx II XL will have a list price of $2999.95. (Direct Price TBA).The Axe-Fx II XL will be offered for sale alongside the Axe-Fx II Mark II in our online store.
For more information: