A studio-grade preamp with a five-step gain selector and a three-band EQ.
Kansas City, MO (June 4, 2014) -- JHS Pedals is proud to have released a new pedal on May 26, 2014 and it is now available at authorized Dealers worldwide. The Colour Box is a first in its category. This effect pedal is a true studio-grade pre-amp formatted into a compact and simple to use guitar pedal. Plug in any instrument or an XLR microphone cable and the Colour Box will prove to be an indispensable tool for shaping the sound of vocals, guitars, bass, keyboard, acoustics, or anything else you can plug into it. Initially designed to recreate famous electric guitar "direct-into-the-console" tones through a normal guitar amp, to achieve this we used dual Neve 1073 preamp topologies and a finely tuned Baxandall EQ. The Colour Box uses high quality components throughout including a custom Lundahl transformer that adds weight, heft, and a 3D quality just like preamps that you will find costing much more.
- 100% analog circuitry true to the tone and design of vintage Neve circuitry
- 1/4" or XLR input available
- Parallel 1/4" and XLR outputs
- 5 steps Gain Stage selector for an extremely wide range of gain options spanning 18-40dB
- 3 Band EQ (Treble, Middle, Bass) with +/- 17dB of EQ boost/cut control
- Selectable Hi-Pass Filter, 60Hz to 800Hz with a 6dB per octave slope
- Use this tool as an always-on DI Box in the studio or on-stage OR as an on/off effect pedal
- Standard DC Negative 18v power, power supply is provided
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information: