Universal Audio Introduces the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plugin
An emulation of the combo delivered a warm and fat fundamental note that laid the foundation for ’60s and ’70s rock, funk, and soul.
Scotts Valley, CA (August 4, 2016) -- Universal Audio is proud to announce the release of UAD Software v8.7, featuring the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In — exclusively for Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 hardware.
The Ampeg B-15 bass amp defined the sound of recorded electric bass. From Motown sides with James Jamerson to classic Stax records with Donald “Duck” Dunn, this 30-watt, 1x15, all-tube combo delivered a warm and fat fundamental note that laid the foundation for ’60s and ’70s rock, funk, and soul.
Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In perfectly emulates the circuitry, tone stack, and thump of Ampeg’s limited-edition Heritage B-15N bass amp.
Owners of UA’s acclaimed Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with this iconic bass amp. Harnessing UA’s groundbreaking Unison™ technology, the Ampeg B-15N plug-in gives you the impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making this iconic bass combo one of the most recorded bass amps in history. Users of UAD-2 Satellite and PCIe DSP Accelerators can harness the legendary tone of the B-15N by adding it to any recorded bass guitar signal in any major DAW (Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, Live, and more).
The Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In is also part of the new Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle, which includes the Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier and Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier Plug-ins for $299.
- Expertly modeled version of the legendary B-15N from Ampeg, exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Modern workflow enhancements including an onboard FX Rack and 42 recording chains
- Two flavors of the iconic B-15 circuit — 1964 and 1966 — each with switchable bias controls
- Re-Amp previously recorded DI bass tracks to add warmth and depth
- Available as part of the Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle which includes three Ampeg bass amps and the Brainworx bx_tuner
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Ampeg’s B-15N bass amp thanks to impedance matching
For more information: