In keeping with the Andrews tradition, the new amps offer surprising clarity and headroom while delivering a smooth, touch sensitive response and complex warm harmonics.
Atlanta, GA (July 2, 2012) – Joining the company’s existing line of A-Series amps, Andrews Amplification introduces the Para-Dyne 20 and the Para-Dyne 50. The Para-Dyne name signifies the two channels of extremely dynamic tone produced by these amps. In keeping with the Andrews tradition, the new amps offer surprising clarity and headroom while delivering a smooth, touch sensitive response and complex warm harmonics.
Both amps are available in heads and 1x12 combos (2x12 combos coming soon). All feature heavy-duty Baltic birch cabinets and are hand-wired on heavy-duty turret boards in the USA. Para-Dyne features include:
• Six position depth switch and three position bright switch for the clean channel to augment the shared bass, middle and treble controls
• Two channel, foot-switchable design
• Half-power switch for reducing volume when “cranked up”
• Gain and Master Volume controls for the lead channel
• External bias test points and adjustments for easy tube changes
• Three 12AX7 preamp tubes and two 6V6 (Para-Dyne 20) or two EL34 (Para-Dyne 50) output tubes
• Custom wound USA transformers
• Optional series effects loop with true bypass
• Five year limited warranty
The Para-Dyne 20 head and combo carry retail prices of $1995 and $2250 respectively. The Para-Dyne 50 head and combo retail for $2095 and $2350 respectively.
For more information: