Nashville, TN (April 18, 2011) -- Gibson USA has announced an all-new Melody Maker series. The four Melody Maker models are each inspired by fellow Gibson classics—the Les Paul, the SG, the Explorer and the Flying V. Each guitar brings together Gibson's famous shapes with the thinner body, neck and headstock of the Melody Maker series.
Each of the new models features a set-in neck, 24 3/4" scale, and 1 11/16" nut width, and maple slab bodies with single 491T PAF-style humbuckers. The neck is made of quartersawn solid mahogany carved to a Melody Maker profile that measures .835" at the 1st fret and .930" at the 12th. The fretboard material is torrified maple, which is heat-treated to have the rich brown look of rosewood.
* Solid maple body available in three nitrocellulose satin finishes: blue, white, and ebony
* Unique "Melody Maker" neck profile
* Maple fingerboard with dot inlays
* 491T ceramic humbucker with volume control
* Vintage Kluson-style tuners with white buttons
* MSRP $829
For more information:
- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs