M-tone Guitars have announced the Counterpunch, the latest addition to the M-tone line.
Portland, OR (February 13, 2013) -- The Counterpunch is the latest addition to the M-tone line. This elegant, hand made single cut can be conﬁgured in a variety of ways to suit the needs of any player. It features your choice of any two Lollar pickups. The body is available as a slab or contoured in either alder or mahogany. The supple, hand carved neck comes in pau ferro, goncalo alves or maple and can be carved to your exact speciﬁcations. The pickguard is available in M-tone’s traditional 16 gauge steel or in our new wood option (many varieties available).
Of course, like all M-tones, every Counterpunch is hand made one at a time by Matt Proctor in Portland, Oregon. The ﬁnish on each guitar is one of a kind and totally individual to that guitar. The Counterpunch is well balanced and super comfortable to play. The Counterpunch has long sustain and is very present and articulate with great note separation. Clean, it sparkles, and driven hard, it always kicks ass.
- Body: Alder or Mahogany
- 25.5” scale
- Neck: Pau Ferro, Goncalo Alves or Maple
- Tuners: Hipshot
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Trussrod: 2-way
- Bone Nut (1 & 11/16”)
- Fingerboard radius: 12”
- Pickups: Lollar Imperial Humbuckers or Lollar Vintage Tele + El Rayo or any other two pickups of your choice
- Controls: Master volume, separate volume for neck pickup, master tone and 3-way pickup selector
- Pots: CTS
- Jack: Switchcraft
- Tone cap: Sprague Orange Drop
- Bridge: Hipshot
- Pickguard: 16 gauge steel or wood (many options available)
Street Price: Starts at $2500
For more information: