ThroBak Pickups Unveils the DS-55 Double Slug
A vintage-style pickup with added depth and clarity.
Grand Rapids, MI (March 31, 2015) -- ThroBak Electronics introduces the new ThroBak DS-55 Double Slug humbucker pickup. The DS-55 is a reproduction of the original double slug humbucker design that was submitted to the U.S. Patent Office on June 22, 1955. A screw coil was added to the P.A.F. design only when salesmen complained that a selling feature had been eliminated. Now, 60 years later, ThroBak has recreated the original P.A.F. double slug humbucker.
The ThroBak DS-55 has the familiar response and dynamics of a classic P.A.F. but with an added depth and fundamental clarity that one usually associates with a single-coil pickup. Notes ring and pop like a great single coil but with the added balance and punch of a classic P.A.F. These qualities make the DS-55 a welcome addition to the tonal tool box of any guitar player. The ThroBak DS-55 - the golden link in the chain connecting single coil and humbucker pickups.
ThroBak DS-55 Specifications::
- Coils wound with vintage, Kalamazoo-era winding machine for unsurpassed vintage winding accuracy.
- 42 AWG Plain Enamel wire and vintage 1955 winding pattern.
- ThroBak Maximum Vintage Butyrate bobbins, Made in USA.
- ThroBak custom made short leg Nickel Silver baseplates, Made in USA.
- ThroBak Maximum Vintage P.A.F. style no hole covers with standard buffed raw Nickel Silver finish, Made in USA.
- ThroBak Maximum Vintage P.A.F. style vintage alloy pole slugs, Made in USA.
- Vintage formulation long Alnico 3 and Alnico 4 M-55 custom magnets, Made in USA.
The ThroBak DS-55 has M.A.P. (minimum advertised price) of $419.00 per pair. Available direct from ThroBak Electronics and authorized dealers.
For more information: