Gibson Announces Midtown Custom
Gibson USA''s Midtown Custom takes their ES properties a step further, maximizing each design goal, while adding a rich, deep resonance all its own.
Nashville, TN (November 18, 2011) -- Gibson USA has announced the new Midtown Custom, designed to take all of the legendary Gibson ES properties a step further, maximizing each design goal, while adding a rich, deep resonance all its own. With a trimmed-down and more player-friendly body size that still emulates the lines of the ES models, but built with the chambered solid-wood construction (rather than a laminated top and back with solid center block), the Midtown Custom is designed to embody, "the optimum marriage of solidbody and archtop."
- Chambered Mahogany body with carved, bound Maple top
- Mahogany neck with '60s SlimTaper neck profile
- Black Richlite fingerboard with acrylic block inlays
- Burstbucker 1 in the neck and Burstbucker 2 in the bridge
- Grover kidney button tuners with 14:1 tuning ratio
- Vintage Sunburst, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Ebony, or Antique Natural finishes
- MSRP $2299
For more information: