The handbuilder grows his more affordable lineup with a 16" hollowbody built with a laminated spruce top, flame maple back and sides, and custom-wound Kent Armstrong pickups.
Philadelphia, PA (April 4, 2019) -- Comins Guitars has introduced the GCS-16 archtop guitar, the newest design by renowned luthier Bill Comins. The GCS-16 is the latest addition to the company’s Guitar Craft Series, a collection of highly affordable production guitars.
Featuring an ebony fretboard, meticulous construction and premium quality hardware and electronics, the GCS-16 offers wonderful playability and tone in a very affordable hollow-body guitar. Players will find that it can cover a wide stylistic terrain, and it’s ideal for jazz, Americana and roots rock.
The GSC-16 is designed with comfort and versatility in mind. Key features are shown below.
Body and neck:
- Dimensions: 16” lower bout width, 2 3/4” depth
- Top: Laminated Spruce Top
- Back: Laminated Flame Maple Back and Sides
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” radius, 25.0” scale length, 1.70” nut width, dot position markers
- Neck: Medium C shape, comfortably contoured
- Available Colors: Vintage Blond, Tangerine Burst, Violin Burst, Autumn Burst, and Black
Pickups and electronics:
- Available in one and two pickup versions, volume and tone controls for each custom wound Kent Armstrong humbucking pickup
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Tuners: Wilkinson, smooth 19:1 gear ratio
- Binding: Multi-ply ivory/black surround the peghead, neck, and body back, with additional plies surrounding the body top and back
The Comins GCS-16 is available in two different configurations:
- GSC-16-1: One pickup $2199.00
- GCS-16-2: Two Pickups $2399.00
For more information:
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
This full-amp-stack-in-a-box pedal brings a new flavor to the Guitar Legend Tone Series of pedals, Missing Link Audio’s flagship product line.
Adding to the company’s line of premium-quality effects pedals, Missing Link Audio has unleashed the new AC/Overdrive pedal. This full-amp-stack-in-a-box pedal – the only Angus & Malcom all-in-one stompbox on the market – brings a new flavor to the Guitar Legend Tone Series of pedals, Missing Link Audio’s flagship product line.
The AC/OD layout has three knobs to control Volume, Gain and Tone. That user-friendly format is perfect for quickly getting your ideal tone, and it also offers a ton of versatility. MLA’s new AC/OD absolutely nails the Angus tone from the days of “High Voltage” to "Back in Black”. You can also easily dial inMalcom with the turn of a knob. The pedal covers a broad range of sonic terrain, from boost to hot overdrive to complete tube-like saturation. The pedal is designed to leave on all the time and is very touch responsive. You can get everything from fat rhythm tones to a perfect lead tone just by using your guitar’s volume knob and your right-hand attack.
- Three knobs to control Volume, Gain and Tone
- Die-cast aluminum cases for gig-worthy durability
- Limited lifetime warranty
- True bypass on/off switch
- 9-volt DC input
- Made in the USA
MLA Pedals AC/OD - Music & Demo by A. Barrero
Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters are designed to offer a fat midrange and a smooth top end.
Billy Corgan was looking for something for heavier Smashing Pumpkins songs, so Joe Naylor designed the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One pickup. Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters have a fat midrange and a smooth top end. This pickup combines the drive and sustain of a humbucker with the percussive attack and string clarity of a P90. Get beefy P90 tone plus amp-pummeling output with the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One.
Patented Railhammer Pickups take passive guitar pickups to a new level with rails under the wound strings lead to tighter lows, and poles under the plain strings offer fatter heights. With increased clarity, the passive pickup’s tone is never sterile.
Railhammer Billy Corgan Signature Z-One Pickup Demo
For more information, please visit railhammer.com.
Designed for utmost comfort and performance, the Vertigo Ultra Bass is Mono’s answer to those who seek the ultimate gigging experience.
Complete with a range of game-changing design features, such as the patent-pending attachable FREERIDE Wheel System, premium water-resistant and reflective materials, shockproof shell structure and improved ergonomic features, the Vertigo Ultra Bass takes gear protection to the next level.
The Vertigo Ultra Bass features:
- Patent-pending FREERIDE Wheel System that allows for wheels to be attached on the case in no time, giving you the option to travel with it seamlessly
- Upgraded materials, including a water-resistant 1680D Ballistic Nylon outer shell, plush inner lining and new reflective trim for maximum backstage and night visibility
- Enhanced protection with a shockproof shell structure and heavy-duty water-resistant YKK zippers for protection from the elements
- Improved ergonomics and functionality including added back support and load-lifting detachable shoulder straps with side release buckles
- Flexible storage options with added space for touring essentials