The Saddest Martin Ever? A 1953 D-18 Owned by Kurt Cobain & Elliott Smith
Watch John Bohlinger summon the ghosts of two songwriting powerhouses as we learn about a special piece of acoustic history.
This well worn D-18 was coined “Grandpa” by Kurt Cobain, and was gifted to the rocker by then girlfriend Mary Lou Lord In 1991. Used by Cobain while on tour for Nirvana’s second and most notable album
. After Cobain’s death, the instrument was returned to Mary Lou Lord who toured with late rocker Elliott Smith who also used the guitar. (
Courtesy of Martin Guitar
Check out a demo of a pre-war Martin D-45 & the oldest Martin alive today .
- The Best Martin Ever? ›
- Pre-War Perfection: The Martin D-45 ›
- Oldest Acoustic Guitar Alive? ›
- Martin 000JR-10E Shawn Mendes Review ›
- Martin Launches John Mayer Signature Acoustic - Premier Guitar ›
- Martin Guitar GPC-13E Demo - Premier Guitar ›