Specialized guitar strings to create a dedicated range perfect for all the different styles of American roots music.
Battle Creek, MI (July 27, 2015) -- New for 2015, GHS has launched the Americana Series of specialized guitar strings to create a dedicated range perfect for all the different styles of American root music: country, roots-rock, folk, bluegrass, R&B, and blues.
The Americana strings are suitable for a wide range of instruments including acoustic guitars, banjos, mandolins, pedal steel guitars and resonator guitars. The series has been developed drawing on GHS’ decades of knowledge in string design and construction, innovative materials selection and input from their artist family to define preferred gauge sizes. Add in cryogenic treatment to extend string life and tone, plus GHS’ exclusive NitroPack packaging with the company’s unique ‘Anti-Corrosion Guarantee’ and the result is a range of strings that excites players as much as this genre of music does.
Talking about the new strings, Gold Heart guitarist, Jocey Gold observed ‘the first time I tried the Americana Series, I instantly knew they were it! They outlast any set I've ever played and the tone quality is right on! Perfect for the studio and live performances’. Ed Ringwald, Western Swing Authority, CCMA Steel Guitar Player Of The Year 2014 agrees, ‘The New Americana series GHS Strings sound great!!!!.....with the constant raising and lowering of strings on the Pedal Steel Guitar, they stay in tune, and I honestly can't remember the last time I broke a string...I've tried many brands and love the Americana series and highly recommend them....’
The series consists of: -
- Americana - Acoustic Guitar – made with cryogenically treated copper-tin-phosphor alloy on a Hex Core, available in either light or medium gauge
- Americana – Banjo – made with cryogenically treated stainless steel, available in either light or medium gauge
- Americana – Mandolin – made with cryogenically treated phosphor bronze, available in either light or medium gauge
- Americana – Pedal Steel – made with cryogenically treated nickel-iron alloy, available with either E9 or C6 tuning
- Americana – Resonator – made with cryogenically treated copper-tin-phosphor alloy – available in regular gauge
For more information: