The BBE OptiComp OC-5 features the same studio grade compression circuit used in BBE’s BMAX and BMAX-T bass preamps.
Huntington Beach, CA February 7, 2013) -- BBE is excited to announce its latest release in the
world of music dynamics, the OptiComp OC-5. The OC-5 features the same studio grade
compression circuit used in BBE’s award winning BMAX and BMAX-T bass preamps, but in a
smaller, more approachable stomp-box.
“We have been listening to our customers, and bassists seem to have the same complaint,
dynamics and gigging are all about compromise. Quality rackmount compressors are the best
sounding solution, but stomp-boxes are the most convenient and portable solution. With the
OptiComp OC-5, we have been able to marry the sound of a rack unit with the simplicity of a
stomp. We think this is the best sounding compressor on the market and we know bassists are
going to love it!” said Dave McLaren of BBE Sound.
The OC-5 features a beefy mil-spec circuit board with big, fat signal traces, 1 % metal-film
resistors and high-voltage poly caps, all backed up by a robust true-hardwire bypass.
Whether you’re looking to dial in a smoother sound, or want to keep the front end of your amp
from clipping, the OC-5 is the perfect for making your bass sing.
- Studio-grade optical compression
- Output and Threshold controls
- 1MEG Ohms input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 1K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
- 5-year warranty
For more information: