Collings Introduces the 290 S
Collings is now offering the single Dog Ear P-90 pickup configuration to their original single cutaway 290 design.
Austin, TX (December 16, 2011) -- In response to the popularity of their recently released 290 DC S (double cutaway, single P-90 pickup), Collings is now offering the single Dog Ear P-90 pickup configuration to their original single cutaway 290 design.
According to Collings, the guitar is capable of producing a vast array of tones, from pristine clean tones rich with harmonic complexity to hard-hitting vintage rock tones with enough focused growl to cut through any mix. Dial back the volume and tone, and you'll be surprised by the smooth, mellow tones that are available without ever getting muddy. The instrument is designed to put tone back in the hands of the player.
Select features of the new 290 S model include:
- Original single cutaway body shape
- Single Lollar Dog Ear P90 pickup (wound 5% over)
- Optional Collings custom wraparound bridge (made from a special alloy)
- Single volume and tone control. No pickup selector switch
- Elegant new pickguard design
- New '59 Faded Crimson finish option (available to all 290 models)
- Extra long neck tenon
- Optional tortoise pickguard and truss rod cover
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Custom body contours
For more information: