A classic offset design that was originally offered as a limited-run "Old Nick" model conceived for, and with, revered ex-Verve guitarist Nick McCabe.
United Kingdom (June 19, 2019) -- UK based Lucem Guitars continue to gather a cult following on their side of the pond; and have chosen Summer NAMM in Nashville for the unveiling of their new Paradox Deluxe model.
The Paradox blends distinct retro styling and classic offset design was originally offered as a limited-run "Old Nick" model conceived for, and with, revered ex-Verve guitarist Nick McCabe.
In this new ‘Deluxe’ offering aimed towards the boutique market; it features highly figured tonewoods, two new finish options, and an innovative 5 pot controls scheme.
21 different settings are accessible from the controls plate including various combinations of coil splits, series/parallel, out of phase, and a master volume control pot. This master volume control gives the player opportunity to create swells without effecting the balance set at the neck/bridge volume and tone controls - a feature introduced by McCabe for his trademark “pinkie rolls”.
The 'Black Flame' hand rubbed black dye finish is available in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer, or alternatively a more natural/rustic, satin oil and wax finish.
Construction wise it is based around a quarter sawn maple through-neck format, this aids in transferring vibration evenly, across the whole frequency range, through the entire instrument. This helps increase sustain and eliminate dead spots. This also facilitates a virtually heel-less neck joint for unparalleled access to the upper registers.
In another interesting connection Lucem’s new logo; which will feature on the new model has been designed by Brian Cannon from Microdot Creative; who was responsible for many iconic British album sleeve designs of the 1990’s.
Hand made in the English Lake District these instruments combine superior craftsmanship with innovative, left-field design, modern, high-end features and performance tied to a classic aesthetic. The operation is headed up by Luthier and Engineer Graham Skimming who also specialises in the design of high integrity industrial control and instrumentation systems, he strives to apply the same levels of quality, innovation and attention to detail to Lucem's guitars.
The Paradox will be on show at Summer NAMM in Nashville with The Boutique Guitar Showcase, and will also be shown at numerous stores throughout the US on the Eastern and Western Boutique Guitar Showcase tours August - October.
High Gloss nitro finish $4760 RRP ($3332 dealer)
Oil and wax finish $4560 RRP ($3192 dealer)
Paradox Deluxe Specifications::
- Brand: Lucem
- Model: Paradox
- Title: Deluxe
- Body: Tulipwood core
- Top: European Curly Maple (top and back)
- Neck: Maple Through-neck
- Fretboard: Indian Ebony or Indian Rosewood
- Headstock overlay: European Curly Maple
- Binding: Bound fretboard (matching)
- Inlay: Pearloid side dots
- Finish: Hand rubbed black dye, finished in either high gloss nitro OR oil and wax
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Fretboard Radius: Custom Compound
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Bridge: Wraparound
- Pickups: Splittable 12-pole Alnico 5 (bridge), Alnico 3 (neck) - hand wound in Manchester by The Creamery
- Switch:3-way toggle
- Tuners: Schaller DaVinci
- Case: Swanflight Hex full flight case
- Controls scheme - 5 x 500k CTS pots, 1x volume, 1 x tone for each pickup, plus and independent master volume control. This scheme provides 21 possible combinations;
- All controls in down position - normal LP type controls config.
- Neck volume up - neck humbucker coil split.
- Bridge volume up - bridge humbucker coil split.
- Neck tone up - neck and bridge in series.
- Bridge tone up - neck and bridge out of phase.
For more information:
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
This full-amp-stack-in-a-box pedal brings a new flavor to the Guitar Legend Tone Series of pedals, Missing Link Audio’s flagship product line.
Adding to the company’s line of premium-quality effects pedals, Missing Link Audio has unleashed the new AC/Overdrive pedal. This full-amp-stack-in-a-box pedal – the only Angus & Malcom all-in-one stompbox on the market – brings a new flavor to the Guitar Legend Tone Series of pedals, Missing Link Audio’s flagship product line.
The AC/OD layout has three knobs to control Volume, Gain and Tone. That user-friendly format is perfect for quickly getting your ideal tone, and it also offers a ton of versatility. MLA’s new AC/OD absolutely nails the Angus tone from the days of “High Voltage” to "Back in Black”. You can also easily dial inMalcom with the turn of a knob. The pedal covers a broad range of sonic terrain, from boost to hot overdrive to complete tube-like saturation. The pedal is designed to leave on all the time and is very touch responsive. You can get everything from fat rhythm tones to a perfect lead tone just by using your guitar’s volume knob and your right-hand attack.
- Three knobs to control Volume, Gain and Tone
- Die-cast aluminum cases for gig-worthy durability
- Limited lifetime warranty
- True bypass on/off switch
- 9-volt DC input
- Made in the USA
MLA Pedals AC/OD - Music & Demo by A. Barrero
Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters are designed to offer a fat midrange and a smooth top end.
Billy Corgan was looking for something for heavier Smashing Pumpkins songs, so Joe Naylor designed the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One pickup. Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters have a fat midrange and a smooth top end. This pickup combines the drive and sustain of a humbucker with the percussive attack and string clarity of a P90. Get beefy P90 tone plus amp-pummeling output with the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One.
Patented Railhammer Pickups take passive guitar pickups to a new level with rails under the wound strings lead to tighter lows, and poles under the plain strings offer fatter heights. With increased clarity, the passive pickup’s tone is never sterile.
Railhammer Billy Corgan Signature Z-One Pickup Demo
For more information, please visit railhammer.com.
Designed for utmost comfort and performance, the Vertigo Ultra Bass is Mono’s answer to those who seek the ultimate gigging experience.
Complete with a range of game-changing design features, such as the patent-pending attachable FREERIDE Wheel System, premium water-resistant and reflective materials, shockproof shell structure and improved ergonomic features, the Vertigo Ultra Bass takes gear protection to the next level.
The Vertigo Ultra Bass features:
- Patent-pending FREERIDE Wheel System that allows for wheels to be attached on the case in no time, giving you the option to travel with it seamlessly
- Upgraded materials, including a water-resistant 1680D Ballistic Nylon outer shell, plush inner lining and new reflective trim for maximum backstage and night visibility
- Enhanced protection with a shockproof shell structure and heavy-duty water-resistant YKK zippers for protection from the elements
- Improved ergonomics and functionality including added back support and load-lifting detachable shoulder straps with side release buckles
- Flexible storage options with added space for touring essentials