Standard Series WY1T to be released at NAMM
The WY1T is an ultra-thin bodied acoustic/electric designed for recording and live performance environments (high SPL without feedback). This single-cutaway, folk-style guitar features a flamed maple body and “sound hole-free” solid Sitka spruce top with hand-scalloped braces. Of the three finishes – black, wine red and tobacco sunburst – only the black does not feature the flamed body. The naturally seasoned mahogany neck rests under an ebony fingerboard with abalone inlays at the 12th fret and headstock, which has nickel die-cast tuning pegs.
The WY1T benefits from a custom Fishman Aura IC system with four discrete "sound images" derived from vintage and contemporary studio microphones, allowing players access to studio-quality sounds when interfaced with modern live sound and recording equipment.
"Although guitarists will certainly be enamored with the absolutely stunning appearance of the WY1T, the tone is really what will ultimately knock their socks off," says Paul Meisenzahl, Alvarez director of product marketing. "Not only does this guitar sound very nice when unplugged -- as all Alvarez Yairi guitars do -- but the superb images offered by the Fishman Aura IC system are indeed truly breathtaking."
Standard Series WY1T
- Body: Flamed (except for black finish) maple and “sound hole-free” solid Sitka spruce top with hand-scalloped braces
- Top: Sitka spruce with hand-scalloped braces, herringbone trim and ebony bridge
- Neck: Naturally seasoned mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone inlays at 12th fret
- Headstock: Abalone inlays and nickel die-cast tuning pegs
- Pickup system: Fishman Aura IC
- Price: $2,699.99 list / $1,999.99 MAP
- Case: hardshell included
For more information:
Looking for more great gear for the guitar player in your life (yourself included!)? Check out this year's Holiday Gear Finds!
D'Addario XPND Pedalboard
DR-05X Stereo Handheld Recorder
Wampler Pedals Ratsbane
This full-amp-stack-in-a-box pedal brings a new flavor to the Guitar Legend Tone Series of pedals, Missing Link Audio’s flagship product line.
Adding to the company’s line of premium-quality effects pedals, Missing Link Audio has unleashed the new AC/Overdrive pedal. This full-amp-stack-in-a-box pedal – the only Angus & Malcom all-in-one stompbox on the market – brings a new flavor to the Guitar Legend Tone Series of pedals, Missing Link Audio’s flagship product line.
The AC/OD layout has three knobs to control Volume, Gain and Tone. That user-friendly format is perfect for quickly getting your ideal tone, and it also offers a ton of versatility. MLA’s new AC/OD absolutely nails the Angus tone from the days of “High Voltage” to "Back in Black”. You can also easily dial inMalcom with the turn of a knob. The pedal covers a broad range of sonic terrain, from boost to hot overdrive to complete tube-like saturation. The pedal is designed to leave on all the time and is very touch responsive. You can get everything from fat rhythm tones to a perfect lead tone just by using your guitar’s volume knob and your right-hand attack.
- Three knobs to control Volume, Gain and Tone
- Die-cast aluminum cases for gig-worthy durability
- Limited lifetime warranty
- True bypass on/off switch
- 9-volt DC input
- Made in the USA
MLA Pedals AC/OD - Music & Demo by A. Barrero
Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters are designed to offer a fat midrange and a smooth top end.
Billy Corgan was looking for something for heavier Smashing Pumpkins songs, so Joe Naylor designed the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One pickup. Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters have a fat midrange and a smooth top end. This pickup combines the drive and sustain of a humbucker with the percussive attack and string clarity of a P90. Get beefy P90 tone plus amp-pummeling output with the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One.
Patented Railhammer Pickups take passive guitar pickups to a new level with rails under the wound strings lead to tighter lows, and poles under the plain strings offer fatter heights. With increased clarity, the passive pickup’s tone is never sterile.
Railhammer Billy Corgan Signature Z-One Pickup Demo
For more information, please visit railhammer.com.
Designed for utmost comfort and performance, the Vertigo Ultra Bass is Mono’s answer to those who seek the ultimate gigging experience.
Complete with a range of game-changing design features, such as the patent-pending attachable FREERIDE Wheel System, premium water-resistant and reflective materials, shockproof shell structure and improved ergonomic features, the Vertigo Ultra Bass takes gear protection to the next level.
The Vertigo Ultra Bass features:
- Patent-pending FREERIDE Wheel System that allows for wheels to be attached on the case in no time, giving you the option to travel with it seamlessly
- Upgraded materials, including a water-resistant 1680D Ballistic Nylon outer shell, plush inner lining and new reflective trim for maximum backstage and night visibility
- Enhanced protection with a shockproof shell structure and heavy-duty water-resistant YKK zippers for protection from the elements
- Improved ergonomics and functionality including added back support and load-lifting detachable shoulder straps with side release buckles
- Flexible storage options with added space for touring essentials