The two models feature a 50-watt power amp and the Red Box AE+ cabinet emulator.
St. Wendel, Germany (February 10, 2021) -- Hughes & Kettner's new AmpMan series of compact pedal amps is out now. Featuring award-winning, all-analog Spirit Tone Generator technology, these two models are worthy heirs to the legendary TubeMan's legacy. Each model serves up a different tonal spectrum to satisfy the varying needs of the ambitious guitar player. AmpMan Classic's two channels cover everything from vintage clean to classic rock tone with authority and assertiveness. AmpMan Modern's two channels sweep across a wide tonal range from pristine clean to girthy high-gain and grinding metal sounds.
Designed to fit into every gig bag, the new AmpMans shoehorn a wealth of premium features and a muscular 50-watt power amp into a remarkably compact chassis. Engineered specifically for pedal compatibility, these fully-fledged guitar amps play nice with every breed of effects device. A sensitive input stage much like that of a classic tube amp lets old-school stomp-boxes shine. And a modern switchable effects loop provides a professional-grade interface for reverb and delay units.
The latest version of Hughes & Kettner's renowned cabinet emulator, the RED BOX AE+, is also on board to transform the hassles of on-stage miking and silent recording into an exercise in convenience and an experience in glorious direct sound. With eight ultra-realistic, zero-latency cabinet models to choose from and the freedom to opt for outboard IR filters, every player is sure to find their favorite setup.
“With connoisseur tone-shaping capabilities, impressive power and a comprehensive set of professional features in a handsome little box, the two new AmpMan pedal amps are the go-to solution on stage and in the studio. If there's a must have, AmpMan has to be it!" says Rüdiger Forse, Senior Product Manager at Hughes & Kettner.
The Spirit AmpMan family will ship February 2021 at a SRP of 349,00 € each.
- Compact two-channel pedal amp with up to 50 watts @ 4 ohms
- Two distinctive models, AmpMan Classic and AmpMan Modern
- Fully analog Spirit Tone Generator technology
- Dedicated Tone, Resonance, Presence and Sagging knobs for each channel
- Second Master control (Solo)
- Built-in footswitch for Channel Select, Boost, FX Loop and Solo
- Sagging knob to dial in power amp saturation at any volume
- Headphones Out with stereo ambience effect
- RedBox AE+ Cabinet emulation with 8 cab types
- Non-frequency compensated Line-Out for software cab sims and the like
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 250 x 52 x 153 mm
- Weight 1,5 kg / 2,53 lbs
For more information:
Hughes & Kettner