Dunlop Releases the MXR EVH 5150 Overdrive
The resulting EVH 5150 Overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage MOSFETs with a full complement of controls.
Benicia, CA (October 26, 2015) -- The MXR design team has collaborated with Eddie Van Halen to deliver a full range of powerful saturation and hyper-driven tones right at your feet. The resulting EVH 5150 Overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage MOSFETs with a full complement of controls to deliver overdriven tube-like tones and exceptional sonic flexibility through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabinets.
Whether on stage or in the studio, the EVH 5150 Overdrive’s controls dial up the whole spectrum—from Eddie’s groundbreaking early classic tones to the high gain, super-articulate sound he uses today. Output and Gain controls set your volume and distortion levels, while the 3-band passive tone stack EQ section shapes your sound to taste. The Boost switch kicks the 5150 Overdrive into high gear with extra gain and compression, and the Gate control—powered by the Smart Gate circuit—tames unwanted noise.
The EVH 5150 Overdrive features true bypass switching and comes in a road-worthy housing emblazoned with custom EVH artwork.
- Designed in close collaboration with Eddie Van Halen
- Delivers a full range of powerful saturation via multi-stage MOSFETs
- Features 3-band EQ section for versatile tweakability
- Boost switch adds extra gain and compression
- Gate control tames unwanted noise
- Sounds great through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabs
For more information: