10 Phasers Set to Stun
Let the warped side of your creativity erupt with a phaser's magic modulation.
It's synonymous with the likes of Gilmour, Hendrix, and Van Halen—to name just a few. The addition of a phaser to a 'board is almost guaranteed to step up one's game in the hypnotic tone department. Here, we've gathered 10 phaser pedals for subtle to space-age modulation experimentation.
Inspired by a 1980s mini-synthesizer, this "Analog Weirding Module" was designed to deliver growly sub-octave, expressive vocal envelope, swooshing phase, and gnarly fuzz sounds.
Offering a variety of sounds, from subtle texture to deep saturation, this analog Phaser was dreamt up to retain the clarity of dry signal, even when set to the highest effect intensity.
This 4-stage analog phase shifter and tremolo has independent speed controls that change the rate of one or both of the effects in either direction, corresponding to how hard you play.
This combo fuzz and ramping phaser is the company's take on the Roland AP-7 Jet Phaser, housing a circuit that's been modified and updated for today's pedalboards.
Boasting the same control set as the like-named original from the '70s, this phaser was created to drum up gentle modulation to distorted phase-drenched cacophony.
From delicate, spatial shimmer to full-on high-velocity swooshing, this well-known orange box has been a mainstay for many thanks to its distinctively warm modulation.
This mini-sized optical phaser can be switched between 2- and 4-stage phasing, while its four controls (frequency, range, depth, and bright) fine-tune modulation that ranges from vintage to modern shift sounds.
Whether you're after a rotating speaker effect for blues, adding seasoning to your chicken pickin', or a jet-plane swoosh for metal, this phaser was built for sweeping shifting with liquid transparency.
This multi-stage pedal is packed with a wide array of analog-phaser goodness to dial in, from slight amounts of movement from your dry signal to all sorts of unheard phase/vibrato combinations.
Offering three styles of phase modulation (vibe, classic, and multi), this MIDI-compatible pedal also synchs with the company's Neuro mobile app for an extensive list of downloadable algorithms.
- Pigtronix Bass Envelope Phaser Review - Premier Guitar | The best ... ›
- Aguilar Grape Phaser Review - Premier Guitar | The best guitar ... ›
- Tim Mahoney's Top 5 Oddball Pedals | Premier Guitar ›
- Empress Phaser Pedal Review ›
- Keeley Phaser Pedal Review ›
- Modulation Nation: Chorus, Phasing, and Flanging | Premier Guitar ›
- Get More Out of Your Flanger ›
- Walrus Audio Lillian Review - Premier Guitar | The best guitar ... ›
- Flower Pedals Releases the Castilleja Phaser - Premier Guitar ›
- Wicked Phase Meets Wickeder Fuzz - Premier Guitar ›
- Pigtronix Moon Pool: The Premier Guitar Review - Premier Guitar ›
- Sitek Electronics Unveils the Phasia - Premier Guitar ›
- Ibanez Phaser Mini Review - Premier Guitar ›