Ormsby Guitars Releases the Scarab
A return to the company's roots with a modern take on the carved-top single-cut.
Perth, Western Australia (January 15, 2018) -- Ormsby Guitars has returned to its roots with a modern take on the carved top single-cut style guitar. Featuring a stunning recurved top and deep belly carve, the Scarab has curves in all the right places. A new semi-multiscale fret arrangement has been adapted for this model, allowing for more natural ergonomics, and greater tone through increased and more even string tension, as well as allowing traditional hardware like floating tremolo systems to be used without compromise. Designed for players of all genres, the Scarab will renew your creative passion.
Scarab custom shop highlights include:
- A recurved carve top with full-thickness 55mm/2.16” body
- 25.5-26.5” multiscale for improved ergonomics and intonation
- Deep tenon set-neck for improved sustain and stability
- AA All-Access 24 fret neck
- Available in tune-o- matic, Hipshot fixed, and floating tremolo bridge options
- Innumerable choices of exotic timbers and unique finishes, including relic’d nitrocellulose for classic character, feel and road-worn looks!
Australia Ormsby Custom Shop direct only prices starting from:
- $2,600 USD 6-string
- $2,700 USD 7-string
For more information: