The Year in Gear 2019
November 21, 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Electro-Harmonix Triangle Big MuffThe Big Muff is legendary and its clones are legion. But, curiously, the original that inspired them all—known commonly as the “Triangle” Big Muff—might be its least famous incarnation. And regardless of how authentically EHX’s new take on the Triangle nails every quality of an original, it occupies a killer niche in the Big Muff tone spectrum. You get rowdy, raspy, but also singingly toppy tones—all at an unbeatable price.
Read the review
$80 street, ehx.com
Watch the First Look:
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com