The Year in Gear 2019
November 21, 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Source Audio True SpringYou may have noticed a DSP spring reverb arms race afoot over the last few years. That’s fine with us. The only casualties in this conflict are crappy sounding digital spring simulations, which the Source Audio True Spring most certainly is not. Variations among the short, long, and tank emulations are profound and enable many intense-to-subtle colors. Did we mention there’s a tremolo in there, too? This elegant source of authentic vintage sounds can spice up the lamest amp.
Read the review
$229 street, sourceaudio.net
Watch the First Look:
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com