The Year in Gear 2019
November 21, 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Reverend TriadReverend basses takes stylistic influences from 1950s cars and sci-fi movies, and the Triad is no exception. Its 5-piece roasted maple-and-walnut neck has a satin finish that looks and feels like an older bass, and the 34"-scale pau ferro fretboard offers a warm, yet snappy attack. Three proprietary Jazz Bomb pickups and a 5-way switch deliver distinct and versatile voices, making it a go-to bass for stage and session work.
Read the review
$999 street, reverendguitars.com
Watch the Review Demo:
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com