The Year in Gear 2019
November 21, 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Sadowsky MetroExpressBuilt in Tokyo through a partnership with Japanese luthier Yoshi Kikuchi, the MetroExpress is the first factory-made model to carry the Sadowsky name. The 5-string comes equipped with the same preamp Roger Sadowsky uses in his handbuilt NYC basses, and with its ash body, maple neck, rock-solid construction, and meticulous setup, it also invokes the classic Sadowsky tone—a solid low B and lots of personality in the upper mids.
Read the review
$1,975 street, sadowsky.com
Watch the Review Demo:
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com