The Year in Gear 2019
November 21, 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Martin Modern Deluxe OM-28In recent years, Martin has been mixing vintage production techniques with innovative new ones to expand the range of their new models. Along with its torrefied Sitka spruce top, svelte mahogany neck, and East Indian rosewood back and sides, this OM-28 has a titanium truss rod, carbon-fiber bridge plate, powder-coated titanium bridge pins, flame-maple binding, and copper-alloy frets. Flawlessly built, this instrument delivers taut lows, superb dynamics, and sky-high headroom.
Read the review
$3,999 street, martinguitar.com
Watch the First Look:
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com