The Year in Gear 2019
November 21, 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Crazy Tube LimelightFor all its historical importance, the original Maestro FZ-1 (the “Satisfaction” fuzz, if you forgot) is a relatively neglected circuit among the fuzz clone cult. The Limelight, however, reveals what a great baseline the FZ-1 can be for circuit exploration. The Limelight’s deviations from the original circuit are significant, but it retains the original’s honking voice while enhancing sustain and expanding its low-gain capabilities—a super-cool recipe.
Read the review
$209 street, crazytubecircuits.com
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com