The Year in Gear 2019
The 60+ guitars, amps, pedals, basses, and accessories that stood out from the crowd and earned our coveted Premier Gear Award this year.
Fender ’62 Princeton Chris Stapleton EditionWith a 12-watt output from two 6V6GT tubes and controls for just volume, tone, and tremolo speed and intensity, the Princeton doesn’t look like it’d be up to much other than basement jams. But with a 12" Eminence replacing the original’s 10" speaker, this brownface reissue—a handwired version of the classic 6G2 circuit—has a muscularity that belies its size and power rating, and sounds impressively punchy and complex.
Watch the First Look:
Plus! December Premier Gear Award Winners!
Read the full reviews on the pages indicated below!
1. Peavey Invective.MH — $699 street, peavey.com
2. Chase Bliss Dark World — $349 street, chaseblissaudio.com
3. Comins CGS-16 — $2,399 street, cominsguitars.com
4. Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay — $1,999 street, music-man.com
5. EBS MicroBass 3 — $349 street, ebssweden.com